Monday, May 19

so what if he had his diaper on??


My son did it. He did it! I am so proud.


Today, I was in his room putting clothes away and organizing his closet, when all of a sudden I heard the infamous "UGH" (as in grunt). I immediately thought to myself, "Great...why does he always have to go in a fresh clean diaper??" but then when I walked around the corner, there he was!
Sitting on his potty...... pooping! okay okay....he had his diaper on still. (that was all he had on..we were also in the middle of changing clothes) but my little boy made the connection! YES! He was so proud of himself and we were so busy high fiving each other that I forgot to grab my camera. (needless to say that is why there is an old picture up top)
this is just so funny to me b/c last night Brandon and I were watching a potty training DVD I got in the mail (for free I might add!) and we were thinking he didn't have many signs of "potty training readiness" and then he did that today!
so...does that count as a sign???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats so funny! I was totally thinking about the whole potty thing lately because zyon talks about the potty alot...and always goes to the potty and says he needs to go after he has already done it in his pants. Im not getting my hopes up because cobi did the same thing at 18 months...and actually started to go on the potty and then totally quit.(not that I really helped being pregnant and totally not in the mood to potty train) But I have to say if they start making the connection you should try it every once in a while and see what happens. I put zy on it a few times a week...he never does anything besides play with the potty (and with himself..boys) but hey I figure it might help out later?!?! Im secretly wishing that zyon will see cobi do it and just catch on one day...and then I wont have to potty train. HAHAHAHA Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

okay so that was a long comment...sorry next time I will email you or something...

Anonymous said...

Hey Luke,you made grandpa's day, I am so proud of you, even if this is just the beginning, I know you will do well. Luke you make me smile an awful lot.

See ya soon,

Grandpa M.

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO LUKE!!! That is so awesome that he's already making the connection! Sounds like you have some fun times ahead :)

Grammy said...

Hey Lukie!!! Grammy loves you so much, you bring so much joy to everyone you meet!!!!. We are blessed to have you in our lives. I love to check out your site that mamma does for all of us, she is the best mom ever!!!!!! The potty thing is great, keep up the great work, it will come soon. I love the tumbling, you really can do it now!!!!! Maybe grammy will have mom check into some gymnastics fun for you. I guess we all need to call your mamma, mamma and not sarah, so you can see the difference. I do think its cute but mamma may not. I am glad that you enjoy your new book from grammy. The colors are so bright and pretty. Have fun with it!!. Well grammy is at work and could go on forever about every post but got to get busy nursing so talk to you later. Love and kisses grammy